multiple monitors in win 8 only

Ask for help and post bugs.

multiple monitors in win 8 only

Postby naychrist » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:16 am

Hi there,

We are working on a couple projects where we have 2 x 55" ELO touch screens plugged into 1 windows 10 machine. One of our projects is with unity, which works with the windows 8 api option selected and a window spanning both screens. windows 7 does not as touch only works on one screen at a time.

I have a question that I was wondering if some of the touch script windows developers could shed some light on regarding our other project, which is actually being built in c++ (using http://libcinder.org). Please forgive me for posting here but the fact that your plugin works so well is our only lead so far!

I think the cinder framework we use is using the windows 7 API as it only references the WM_TOUCH message. if we were to start the seemingly daunting process of making this work with win 8 would be then be able to access these other messages and therefore get access to touches happening on both screens simultaneously? At the moment we have one app window spanning both screens that registers touch correctly on both screens, but only one screen at a time.

if one of the devs is able to confirm our thinking here or offer any pointers before get stuck in it would be massively appreciated!

thanks for the awesome plugin!
naychrist

Re: multiple monitors in win 8 only

Postby naychrist » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:56 am

hi all, just a note that using the same win 8 api messages as in the touch script code did the trick. I can now use multiple touch screens at once. thanks!
naychrist

Return to Help and Bugs