95 TouchScript Errors when using also GoogleVR SDK

Ask for help and post bugs.

95 TouchScript Errors when using also GoogleVR SDK

Postby mysago » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:53 pm

Hi All,

I'm making an app which has a VR mode and a normal mode for iOS. It's basically a 3D model viewer.

I'm working with Unity 2017.2.0f3, TouchScript 9.0, and GoogleVR SDK v1.110.0. All are most recent versions.

In the past, I experienced no conflicts, but since upgrading GoogleVR & TouchScript, I get 95 Errors related to object pools and system event manager, etc.

These errors can be reproduced by making a new Unity project, importing the Google VR SDK, and TouchScript. Doesn't matter which order. Deleting Google VR SDK or TouchScript prevents the errors, but any time there is both all errors are present. If prompted for Unity API update, I do it. These same errors appear in the empty project as my actual project, so it's unique to this combination of the Google VR SDK and TouchScript.

I really want to use both these SDKs, but if I can't get it to work I have to replace TouchScript with something else, since ultimately I can not remove the GoogleVR SDK. Which would be unfortunate, since TouchScript is awesome.

Any ideas what to do? I dont understand the nature of the errors, so I don't know what to try at this point.

Download the Google VR SDK:
https://developers.google.com/vr/unity/download

Some of the 95 errors, they all very similar:

Assets/TouchScript/Scripts/Behaviors/Cursors/CursorManager.cs(148,25): error CS1729: The type `ObjectPool<TouchScript.Behaviors.Cursors.PointerCursor>' does not contain a constructor that takes `4' arguments

Assets/TouchScript/Scripts/Core/GestureManagerInstance.cs(110,29): error CS1061: Type `ObjectPool<System.Collections.Generic.List<TouchScript.Gestures.Gesture>>' does not contain a definition for `WarmUp' and no extension method `WarmUp' of type `ObjectPool<System.Collections.Generic.List<TouchScript.Gestures.Gesture>>' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/TouchScript/Scripts/Core/TouchManagerInstance.cs(530,29): error CS1061: Type `ObjectPool<System.Collections.Generic.List<TouchScript.Pointers.Pointer>>' does not contain a definition for `WarmUp' and no extension method `WarmUp' of type `ObjectPool<System.Collections.Generic.List<TouchScript.Pointers.Pointer>>' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/TouchScript/Scripts/Core/TouchManagerInstance.cs(660,38): error CS1929: Type `System.EventHandler<TouchScript.PointerEventArgs>' does not contain a member `InvokeHandleExceptions' and the best extension method overload `TouchScript.Utils.EventHandlerExtensions.InvokeHandleExceptions(this System.EventHandler, object, System.EventArgs)' requires an instance of type `System.EventHandler'

Assets/TouchScript/Scripts/Core/TouchManagerInstance.cs(774,40): error CS1061: Type `ObjectPool<System.Collections.Generic.List<TouchScript.Pointers.Pointer>>' does not contain a definition for `Get' and no extension method `Get' of type `ObjectPool<System.Collections.Generic.List<TouchScript.Pointers.Pointer>>' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/TouchScript/Scripts/InputSources/InputHandlers/MouseHandler.cs(79,17): error CS0310: The type `TouchScript.Pointers.MousePointer' must have a public parameterless constructor in order to use it as parameter `T' in the generic type or method `ObjectPool<T>'

Assets/TouchScript/Scripts/InputSources/InputHandlers/MouseHandler.cs(397,28): error CS0131: The left-hand side of an assignment must be a variable, a property or an indexer

Assets/TouchScript/Scripts/InputSources/InputHandlers/TouchHandler.cs(234,40): error CS1061: Type `ObjectPool<TouchScript.Pointers.TouchPointer>' does not contain a definition for `Get' and no extension method `Get' of type `ObjectPool<TouchScript.Pointers.TouchPointer>' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
mysago

Re: 95 TouchScript Errors when using also GoogleVR SDK

Postby valyard » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:47 pm

Can you check if there is another class named ObjectPool in the project and what namespace it has?
This is probably because Google SDK has ObjectPool class without any namespace.
valyard
Site Admin

Return to Help and Bugs