[HELP] Examples does not work on Android device

Ask for help and post bugs.

[HELP] Examples does not work on Android device

Postby Miguelomp » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:05 pm

The title says all, I searched and try some advice from the forum and issues tab in GitHub but with no luck. I not native English speaker so maybe I'm missing something.
Just read that the only script usable rigth now is StandardInput but in some topic the people refer to some input specifically to android or iOS devices so I'm lost. I really appreciate the help.

I'm using Unity 2017.1.1f1, TouchScrip V9 and my device is Moto G5 plus (Android 7.0).

P.S. I intent to make videos making custom gestures to colaborare with this project! greetings!
Miguelomp

Re: [HELP] Examples does not work on Android device

Postby valyard » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:31 am

Examples project should work on Android as is. Are you building Examples scene with other sub-scenes?
valyard
Site Admin

Postby Micael » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:05 pm

I'm having the same issue. Maybe i'm missing any config? I'm using android sdk platform API 25 and java jdk 8.151, i'm not sure if there is any issue with this.
Micael

Postby valyard » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:17 pm

Just tested on my Android device — works fine o.O
I've got Samsung S7 with Android 7.0.
valyard
Site Admin

Postby Micael » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:23 pm

I tryed again this morning on a new clean project and worked. No idea why but it worked. Thanks for the replay anyway.
Micael

Postby Micael » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:46 pm

Hi again!
I solved the problem definitely. There is an issue when the defined symbols are declared in more than one platform setting. It is very easy to have duplicates because the toggle button in touchscript window enables (writes) the define symbol for the current platform. If you switches platforms and enables debug symbol again you got a duplicated. Is it a unity issue or may be a touchscript issue? Or is it responsibility of the programer?

Thanks for your time.
Micael

Postby Timo » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:54 pm

I was switching between windows and mac builds on the same unity software in the same project, maybe this is why I had such a problem with my touch screens and touchscript......

Timo.
Timo

Return to Help and Bugs