New version of TUIO input does not bring tags or IDs

Random discussions.

New version of TUIO input does not bring tags or IDs

Postby Juan_Nico » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:57 pm

Hi community.

In a previous project someone else did with an older touchscript, I could see that the tuio input (which now has to be reimported to be used) showed in the editor different ids and tags. But I don't find them any longer. I can only say what input type I want to use. I need to generate a menu around each one of my tuio objects, where people can touch different buttons depending on the object.

I can debug out of the tuio input code what type of input I receive from a multiTatcion screen and, using an example of touchscript I can instantiate a menu around any touch point, but haven't been capable of connecting the tuio input type with the instantiation.

If you can guide me on how to instantiate different elements out of each object ID and how to make a difference between a cursor touch and a TUIO object, I would really appreciate it.
Juan_Nico

Re: New version of TUIO input does not bring tags or IDs

Postby valyard » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:04 pm

So, right now if you are using TUIO you'll get an instance of ObjectPointer instead of a TouchPointer. It has Id property which you can use. I think, current visualizer can show objects visually in different color.

So basically, to test your objects you'd need a script which would get a current pointer, cast it to ObjectPointer and check its Id.
valyard
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion